Thursday, September 19, 2013

     So I decided to re-launch my non-existent blog with a new name for a new purpose. On Sunday September 22, 2013 I will turn 34 years old. With the birthday looming, I began to ponder a lot about where my life has gone but more importantly, where I've been since I was born 34 years ago. 
     When I think about my life I look back at many great times with great people (many of whom I still in contact with). Of course, within those great times there were some pretty sad/ugly/dramatic filled episodes that frankly weren't needed. 
     I started my career in teaching 12 years ago as a wide-eyed enthusiastic teacher of the 5th grade in Woodbridge VA (btw, those kids are all 21. REALLY? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?). Over the years, I've taught hundreds of students of varying ages, abilities, socio-economic status, and orientation. My ability to reach those students relied on many of my talents but most of all my experiences as a human. 
     Experiences brings me to the point of this newly launched blog...TRAVEL. Over my 12 years of teaching, I've had the pleasure of globe-trotting (in a most fabulous fashion I might add) around the world, adding to my database of experiences, sights, smells and sounds. 
    This blog will hopefully, inspire you to dream, to research, to open up but most of all to connect and GET OUT THERE. 
    So, starting Sunday September 22, 2013 I will embark on my goal of hitting a total of 40 countries before I turn 40 years old. I'll post pics, blog about food, fashion, experiences and life in general along the way. 
Thank you for reading my thoughts via this forum. I hope in some way you can connect and appreciate the wide world around you through my adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment